Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wrapping Up the Semester

Kia Ora! This last week has just been pretty busy with school work. We had an interim review on Monday for studio. Jared and I got some really good feedback, and they really liked how we worked together. It's been great having a partner I like to work with. We're constantly bouncing ideas off each other, and it's been a really great dynamic. So we spent the rest of the week putting our drawings together. I had most of my stuff done by Friday, so I spent the evening with Mary and Nicole. We found a great new show to watch. Miranda Hart. She's a comedian in the UK I believe, and she's hilarious. We laughed the entire time. We just wish we had found it a few months ago.

Saturday I spent the day in studio finishing most everything up. Jared wasn't quite finished, so he told me to go home and he would put it all together. So I went home and hung out with Nicole, and we ended up skyping Mary from across the hill. Speaking of the hill. Yes the treacherous hill. I looked at the topography and figured that from the Te Aro campus, which is where my papers are, up to my house is twenty-five stories. TWENTY-FIVE STORIES!!! I told you it was a bit ridiculous.

So Sunday I popped back into studio to edit the project as a whole then met up with Nicole and Mary for lunch. We bummed around a bit, then walked up to the botanic gardens to grab an iced chocolate. I then spent the rest of the day being lazy, and it was fantastic. Being done with a project here was a bit different than at home. At home I feel so liberated once the project is done because I probably worked day and night, round the clock on it. Here, it felt great to be done, but I hadn't been working 24/7 so it wasn't as big a deal.

Anyways, just finished up crits. It went pretty well. They really liked our partnership and how the architecture and landscape worked together. Of course there were a few things they weren't convinced by but whatever. I'm so used to that it doesn't even matter anymore.

Oh and then there is my stupidity. So when we booked our flights to Tonga, Nicole really didn't want to miss class on Friday, so we payed close attention to the times that we could fly out. However, stupid me was not thinking that the airlines need you to have so much time in between a domestic and international flight. Well we are only supposed to have thirty-five minutes. I was more concerned about our luggage making it than I was us, but I sent Air NZ an e-mail to let them know about our situation, and they told me I wouldn't be able to get on the flight to Tonga. Well shit. I was told to change my domestic flight to an earlier time, but of course then you have to pay a change fee plus the difference of the flight costs. Well the cheapest flight was $250. So we needed a new plan. Nicole and I are now renting a relocation car meaning we get to rent the car for free and just pay gas. So we'll be making the eight hour drive up to Auckland Friday morning to meet up with Mary at the airport as she has an earlier flight.

You probably won't hear from me until I get back from Tonga. So until next time...
Kia Ora,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment