Monday, February 7, 2011

Packing? But I Don't Leave for Another Two Days

For those of you who don't know, I'm heading to New Zealand for five months to study at Victoria University of Wellington. I leave this Wednesday, and still have way too much to do and haven't even begun to pack. Hopefully I'll start later today. After leaving CWA on Wednesday, I'll fly to Minneapolis, then to LA where I will meet up with other students who are going to New Zealand, then to Auckland where I'll be doing a Culture and Adventure program for a week with other students studying abroad. While we sort of have an itinerary, I'm still not exactly sure of everything that will be going on this week. I'll let you all know after it happens. After the week is over, I'll be heding down to Wellington where the  university is located. Wellington sits near the southern tip of the North island. I have orientation the day after I get there, and then I have no idea because school actually won't start for another two weeks. I think a lot of exploring is what's in store for those two weeks. I also was assigned a buddy, meaning a current student or alumni or lives in the city. My buddy's name is Stacey, and she is from Indonesia, and she's also studying landscape architecture. Hopefully I'll be meeting her during that break. As of right now, I also don't really know where I'll be living. All I know is that it is a flat or house on campus somewhere. I  might have four roommates or twenty. Guess we'll see what happens when I get there. As of right now, it all still feels completely unreal, but I'm ridiculously excited anyways. It might start to feel real once I'm sitting on the plane, if not then, for sure when I get to LA and meet everyone else. Well, I need to get my butt in gear and get packing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Laura! Studying in England was the best experience in my life and I can't wait to hear allll about yours!!! Get packin girl! :) <3 Jess

    ReplyDelete